Saturday, March 07, 2009

Another Update

Well, now that I've no doubt lost most of the people who used to read my blog, back when I was actually posting something to read, it looks like I might (stress on the future, uncertain verb form there) be getting back to things pretty soon.

Last Wednesday I turned in chapters 35 - 43 of The Enclave just as my editor was finishing up her line edit on chapters 1 - 34. I have about six or seven (maybe eight... we'll see) to go. I would really, really, really, like to get them done by next Wednesday, but that is probably wishful thinking. And, as I've said before, every time I set down some predicted Time of Completion. It's wrong. Remember that quote of Douglas Adams's I put up awhile back...?

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

Well, I feel like I'm on a airplane the way the whooshing as become so constant.

Still, the end is in sight. I think.

And now, back to work.

~~~