Thursday, April 06, 2006

Creativity

From the Artlex.com page on creativity:

"Creativity - The ability or power to create. Productivity with originality and expressive qualities; imagination; newness. This typically requires getting comfortable with not knowing what you're doing."

Well I can certainly relate to this last statement! And I am getting comfortable with it.

Yesterday we drove to Phoenix for our Wednesday lunch to include one of our friends who lives up there. We had a fabulous time -- talked all the way up and back and while there, as well. What a tremendous blessing and privilege to be able to spend time with like-minded believers who are also intimate friends.

Didn't get any writing done, of course, but I think I made some huge progress in other areas relating to distractions. Tuesday I put together a tentative outline for the rest of part 2 and today I began to work on chapter 19, starting to develop the first scene. The day started with me having a vague idea of three events that would take place and the order in which they would. But nothing more than that. Not any of the connections between them, no sense of the place where they would occur, no sense of their importance to the story -- were they events that only needed to have happened? Or events that needed to be shown. It's simmering.

I'm looking forward to what tomorrow... or maybe even tonight... will bring.

Karen