Sunday, August 12, 2007

Recovering

The biggest problem with typing isn't so much that I have to do it one-handed, it's that I have to keep the other hand elevated above my heart while I do it. Dropping below that level causes pain, swelling and throbbing. However, the pain is decreasing significantly these days -- I stopped taking pain meds (except for the occasional Tylenol) yesterday. In fact I stopped with the Percoset last Wednesday because it turns out I'm allergic to it.

In the effort to speed healing and reduce pain, I've been trying to lie around a lot, the easiest position in which to keep my injured wrist above my heart. If you're not on pain meds that keep you loopy, however, this gets old fast -- until I realized I could use the time to... READ!

Last week I finished Michael Crichton's State of Fear, and this week I'm almost finished with John Olson's Adrenaline, both read as forms of research for Black Box... I've also spent a lot of time on the phone and two friends on different days, independent of each other, dropped in around lunchtime with my favorite lunches. So it's been nice. We've also gone out to eat a lot, nor can I really do laundry or clean. A forced vacation, an assignment from the Lord, which I intend to fully enjoy.

Karen