Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Chapter 14 is launched

After ditzing around through the morning, setting the timer and making myself work for thirty minutes, then going off to email and blogs or whatever... coming back for another session, then visiting with the neighbor, more blogs, etc, I finally I managed to get about 6 pages done of the seven I'd set for a goal. Six pages with lots of text separated by asterisks, which is what I put in when I suddenly don't know where to go from where I am. It was 1:18pm. I only had one more page to do, and I was supposed to leave for the YMCA at 2. But sometimes things can come in a flash, so I went to a place where I sit, listen to music and watch the birds in the backyard and bit by bit some ideas came. When I thought I had made enough notes to do my final page I went back to the computer and started in. And finally some things began to flow. By 2:40pm, I had 8 1/2 pages total, 2543 words, a good number of the asterisks removed and a first scene I can call done for now. Hooray!

Tomorrow it's on to Abramm again, for the second half of Chapter 14. Probably another simmer day. I'm telling myself to get ready for it.

Grace,
Karen