Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back to chapter 3

Had to go back to chapter 3 today to figure out which of the two characters in it should be the viewpoint character. I've done the scene from both viewpoints, and liked them both so much I ended up putting one version in chapter 3 and the other in chapter 8. (Yes, I know that sounds weird, but the things they talk about are largely different, and I figured I could change it more later). Now, however, I think the POV (point of view) I have in chapter 8 should be in chapter 3, and also that much of the material in that chapter 8 scene should be combined with the material in chapter 3. Today I figured all that out and lumped all the stuff together into one mostly incoherent section. But I've printed it up and tomorrow I'll start reading through the hard copy and see if I can pull it together. All this so I can figure out how to start ch 17.

And at the same time, we've just heard today of a death in the extended family and are in the midst of preparing to take an unexpected trip to the memorial service. But as tonight's Bible Class reminded me: the Lord has everything under control, all of which depends on His ability, not mine. The challenge is to keep remembering that and to believe it.

Pressing on
Karen