Sunday, May 20, 2007

All Time Favorite Books

Recently a reader asked me about doing a "top ten list of my favorite novels." Actually I've sort of done that on the All Time Favorite Books List posted on my website. Since Blogger does not like the name of my page and will not publish the link correctly, nor will it even publish the full, unembedded link you'll have to navigate through from the home page of my website. On the home page click on Writings and then click on All Time Favorite Books -- A List from there. (I really do need to redo my website...)

The reason I say "sort of" is because it doesn't include books I've read and enjoyed in the four years (or is it five?) that have passed since I posted that list.

Of course, part of the reason is that I haven't read as many books as I did before Life Under Deadlines. I've dropped from 30 books a year to about five. And it doesn't help that I like long books, so it may take me a month or more to finish one... by which time I've probably read the thing at least three times through on account of my weird way of reading books.

Fortunately, my all time favorites list includes books I've loved since adolescence, so there are quite a few to choose from. Not all of them are fiction, either.

I think I may devote this week to highlighting some of the books on that list and others that I've read and enjoyed since then.

Grace,
Karen