Friday, June 23, 2006

This and That

Thursday Bethany House sent me the cover for Return of the Guardian-King and... I LOVE it! I think it's the best one yet. And I'm going to show it to you all probably on Monday, so be sure and check back. It feels like the Lord's special present to me because more than any of the others I think it captures something of Abramm's strength and regality. It's also very inspiring!

Anyway, I finished ch 34 Thursday and am working on 35 today. I had hoped that I would finish 35, but ended up having to think about a lot more than just what happens in this chapter. Yes, I know the general shape of the end, but that's not the same as knowing what everything looks like, where everyone is, who is there, what the precise plans are, etc.

And lastly, Dean Koontz has begun doing a weekly podcast, which will change every Monday. This last Monday's is a hoot. He talks about dealing with editors, and I can confirm his comments about how we mostly don't have basements out here in the southwest... I have only known one family that has a house with a basement, and they are from Oregon and built their own house. My aunt and uncle in LA have a sort of basement, but since their house is built on the side of the hill, I'm not sure it can be considered a "real" basement. Anyway, click here to listen to Episode 1 of the podcast: On Working with Editors.

Grace,
Karen