Friday, March 24, 2006

Getting nowhere

I've completely forgotten where I got this quote -- I thought it was from Overcoming Writing Blocks, but I just now looked it up and couldn't find it. Anyway, I refer to it all the time:

"It is important to realize that before any problem is solved there is very often a period of frustration. A time when it seems you are getting nowhere, that you are further from a solution than ever (or the problem is far bigger than you thought) and that all is hopeless. The harder you think, the more hopeless it seems."

That was today. I have been gnawing at chapter 15b now for three days. More and more pieces are coming together but I just can't seem to get anything to really start cooking yet. It didn't help that my husband took today off, and that I had a bunch of silly, time-consuming computer problems that took up the entire morning... But that's what the Lord's given me for today. And I will accept it. He knows what He's doing. And besides, this has happened more times than I can count. It's a mystery how it works, but that's how it works. So I'm going to walk around the park now.

grace and peace,
karen