Monday, March 27, 2006

This and that

Yesterday I read about a writer who stops reading when he comes to the first negative adverb/adjective in a review of his work and throws the review away. He throws the good reviews away too, but those he reads all the way through. I kind of like that approach. At least the part about the negative reviews. LOL Wonder if I could even do it. One thing I know, and that's the fact that negative feedback still has far too much power over me. Invariably it shakes my confidence and drains away my enthusiasm, though lately it's not been as bad as in the past. It does seem that the less time and attention I give to it, the better it is for my work in progress.

"For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ."

My contract on the two new books came in today's mail. That gave me a giggle, seeing the title there on the first page. Right now it's The Black Box and (Untitled). Amazing. God just keeps on coming through.

I'm also happy to report that today I once again adopted and maintained the really-bad-draft mentality and turned out 10 1/2 pages of Chapter 16. My schedule (ahem) calls for me to finish ch 22 by the end of March. I have abandoned all hope of that, but I would like to get as close to it as I can.

Onward,
Karen